quirksltd April 24, 2012 at 12:46 pm | | Reply

Wooooo-hoooo! You are trying free form piecing! Don’t ya just love it? Can’t wait to see further experiments…and your scarf looks like a candidate for dyeing or painting or yarn couching or…or…or…you are really getting outside of your box now, aren’t you? But your quilting is still so very, very beautiful…I may be able to go free form crazy, but I am so envious of your quilting skill. Just plain beautiful!

jennyklyon April 24, 2012 at 1:08 pm | | Reply

Thank you! Yeah, I am surprised at the free form piecing experience. I started out with some pretty ugly or non-descipt strips and made mini decisions as I progressed, resulting in something pleasant. Having “seen” your work online, I see this piece with different eyes-it needs beads! And hand embroidery!

3. candy
    candy April 24, 2012 at 1:28 pm | | Reply

Love your little quilt!
    Your quilting is beautiful! I’m looking forward to a tutorial.

jennyklyon April 24, 2012 at 3:53 pm | | Reply

Thanks! Took a gander at your blog-I subscribed!

Laura Conowitch April 24, 2012 at 4:03 pm | | Reply

Love the quilting as well! Great filler!
    And fun to see how you are taking ‘ugly’ to something very fanciful.

jennyklyon April 24, 2012 at 6:15 pm | | Reply

Now you try! The free form piecing really was fun and easy.

Laura Conowitch April 24, 2012 at 11:24 pm |

I will try, but it’s gonna be a while before I have the opportunity.

6. Ellie
    Ellie April 24, 2012 at 5:23 pm | | Reply

Oh wow!!! I absolutely LOVE the faded rumpled/soft look of your scarf. The stitches look gorgeous and remind me of waves in clouds. Your art is just so wonderful Jenny! Thank you for sharing it with us.

jennyklyon April 24, 2012 at 6:15 pm | | Reply

Aw thanks Ellie!

8. Carol Cann
    Carol Cann April 24, 2012 at 7:52 pm | | Reply

Hi Jenny, Do you mind if I use your quilting design for a project I am working on. I have a large area of fill and I think this will be perfect, as it involves several elements of the stuff we learnt to do in our Paducah class with Diane. I promise to send you a link to my results.

I agree with the commenter above, about doing some dyeing, etc, with the scarf, you could turn it even further into a real work of art!

Carol

jennyklyon April 24, 2012 at 8:34 pm | | Reply

Of course Carol-thanks for asking! I would love to see what you do with it. I know there are all kinds of interesting “combos”-just need time to figure them out.

9. dianeloomisquilts
    dianeloomisquilts April 25, 2012 at 4:05 am | | Reply

Hi Jenny, I am so glad you found the thread!! :-)
    And I love your fill motif …. so graceful.

jennyklyon April 25, 2012 at 4:06 pm | | Reply

Thank you! I am learning to be patient-kinda!