1. Rebecca Grace
    Rebecca Grace July 21, 2012 at 2:15 pm | | Reply

This is beautiful, Jenny! I wish I could go to the show and see this in person. The border looks fascinating, and I love how you did your feather. But it’s a VERY long drive from North Carolina to California! ;-) Enjoy the show tonight!

jennyklyon July 21, 2012 at 5:13 pm | | Reply

Thank you Rebecca. Funny, cause I would like to drive to NC to see some of the workthere I admire-really!

1. Kelly
        Kelly July 23, 2012 at 12:33 pm |

I am in NC as well! Congratulations on your show, I know it will be a resounding success!
        I love this piece, the detail is amazing.

2. Roxane Lessa
    Roxane Lessa July 21, 2012 at 3:41 pm | | Reply

Wow, that is gorgeous! I would love to know how you made the border. I love the gradation-it’s very effective.

jennyklyon July 21, 2012 at 5:16 pm | | Reply

Thanks Roxane! I constructed it by first fusing 2 layers of the poly sheer together with Misty Fuse. Then I layed the quilt sandwich on top, satin stitched around it and cut off the excess. I FMQd the border with bubbles, then trimmed the poly sheer at the edge of the bubbles. I love sheers-can you tell?

jennyklyon July 21, 2012 at 5:17 pm | | Reply

Oh, and the gradation is from commercially made fabric-not sure who the maker is but it’s a sateen and comes in a variety of ombre shades.

quirksltd July 21, 2012 at 4:28 pm | | Reply

Even more beautiful than the first one and just as captivating. Wonderful!

jennyklyon July 21, 2012 at 5:17 pm | | Reply

Thank you Kathy!

Laura Conowitch July 21, 2012 at 8:14 pm | | Reply

Way cool Jenny! I would love to be there in person to show support for you. Washington isn’t as far as North Carolina, but it is still too far.

6. bertcollections
    bertcollections July 21, 2012 at 10:08 pm | | Reply

Love the way you’ve combined the feathers with the other free motion designs in the piece. Hope the opening and the exhibition are a great success for you and the community.

jennyklyon July 21, 2012 at 11:12 pm | | Reply

Thank you! I’m leaving shortly to go to the opening and I’m excited to see what everyone has done.

8. CYN@CYNWORKS.COM
    CYN@CYNWORKS.COM July 22, 2012 at 4:41 pm | | Reply

beautiful, Jenny. I feel like I’m really seeing a strong point of view and artistic presence in this piece. It’s quite lovely, with the stitching and the fabric coloring working in such harmony.

jennyklyon July 23, 2012 at 1:51 am | | Reply

That is a high compliment and very encouraging to me-thank you Cyn!

9. Priscilla Read
    Priscilla Read July 23, 2012 at 4:12 am | | Reply

Beautiful – So glad I got to see it at the Blue Line.

jennyklyon July 23, 2012 at 5:21 am | | Reply

Thank you-enjoyed chatting with you at the opening. “Rainy City” is a great piece and showed well at the show!

10. What Comes Next?
    What Comes Next? July 23, 2012 at 2:48 pm | | Reply

beautiful quilt! I love your border treatment – the bubbles had me doing a double take until I read your description.

jennyklyon July 23, 2012 at 3:00 pm | | Reply

Thank you! Love sheers and I’d been wanting to try that for awhile.

11. Connie Horne
    Connie Horne July 24, 2012 at 2:34 am | | Reply

Jenny, your work is beautiful. I am going to have to take your class. When do you teach and where?

jennyklyon July 24, 2012 at 3:32 am | | Reply

Oh Connie I’m not sure you need any quilting instruction! I will be teaching at Angel Qlts in Lincoln on Aug 4 and Sept 7 at Shared Stitches. I keep my calendar up on my site so you can check there also. Saw your fabulous ensemble at State Fair-gorgeous! Love to see your new work.