1. Rebecca Grace
    Rebecca Grace August 29, 2012 at 1:23 pm | | Reply

…And then there are those of us who only aspire to reach this level of “failure!” :-) I say, set this aside and look at it with fresh eyes another day. The rim of the bowl may not have come out the way you saw it in your mind’s eye before stitching it, but I think it’s interesting. If you had used a contrasting thread for the stippling fill, maybe chocolate brown for “dirt,” perhaps that would have grounded the succulents and blooms more so that you didn’t feel like they were floating. And, by the way, I think your succulents and flowers came out beautifully! I haven’t seen this new challenge yet, and now I’m nervous…

jennyklyon August 29, 2012 at 2:51 pm | | Reply

I agree, simply changing that non-descript “dirt” fill to something that reads more like dirt would have made it much better! Don’t be nervous about the next one-you just have to go for it!

2. Laura R
    Laura R August 29, 2012 at 2:14 pm | | Reply

Ditto on Rebecca’s comments! I am in awe of how much you get done!

Laura Conowitch August 29, 2012 at 4:51 pm | | Reply

Rebecca says it well Jenny. I love the flowers! I just read this challenge yesterday and it looks like fun. I want to do this, but it is on the back burner for a little while.

jennyklyon August 29, 2012 at 5:45 pm | | Reply

Thank you! I really like this challenge and find the technique very useful.

5. Ellie
    Ellie August 31, 2012 at 4:05 pm | | Reply

Fail forward my friend!

jennyklyon August 31, 2012 at 4:27 pm | | Reply

Aww, thank you!

6. sherry
    sherry August 31, 2012 at 9:29 pm | | Reply

i will remember those words…they will see me thru some storms…you are off to a great start with the bonus tutorial…wow

jennyklyon August 31, 2012 at 11:42 pm | | Reply

Thanks! Wow, if I can actually be an encouragement, that is wonderful! If you’re referring to the comment from the Art and Fear book, if you haven’t read it (it’s a skinny book), you must-it’s chock full of wisdom and encouragement. And yes, it has helped me survive many an art storm!

8. marjorie