1. Rebecca Grace
    Rebecca Grace September 28, 2012 at 1:12 pm | | Reply

I LOVE that picture of your sewing room mess. They say that a messy workspace is a sign of creative genius, you know. :-)

Your challenge piece came out beautifully! I’m working up the courage to try it myself today; now you’re my witness. I’ve never tried to quilt feathers, never tried to quilt on a marked line, and I’m so nervous about it that you’d think it was like having a mammogram, a pap smear, and a root canal all at the same time. Yikes! SURELY it can’t be THAT bad, right?!!

Also, thanks for the metallic thread tips — I’ve fought with metallics for embroidery and decorative stitches before. Next time I’ll check for that poly core and use your setup suggestions.

jennyklyon September 28, 2012 at 1:27 pm | | Reply

Oh go for it Rebecca-remember it’s only fabric and thread! I’m following your blog and you are doing some beautiful work-you are so up to this! I don’t like to follow lines either and I hate to mark so that part was a challenge for me too. I kept on thinking “This would be so much easier unmarked”.

3. What Comes Next?
    What Comes Next? September 28, 2012 at 2:12 pm | | Reply

beautiful stitching, and the metallic looks beautiful. my workspace looks like yours too often for me to say it’s the start of a new project. :)

jennyklyon September 28, 2012 at 6:06 pm | | Reply

Oh well, it’s not a start, it’s a “continuum”:-))

4. carol g
    carol g September 28, 2012 at 2:16 pm | | Reply

Love how the corners finish on the challenge feather. Believe it or not my sewing room looks much worse.

jennyklyon September 28, 2012 at 6:07 pm | | Reply

Apparently mine doesn’t look that bad! But you know, it’s not my actual sewing room, it’s another room that I dump fabric in…

Laura Conowitch September 28, 2012 at 4:47 pm | | Reply

Love the lime! Great tips for using metallic thread. I have also learned the hard way…always, always use quality metallic, or don’t bother to sew with metallic at all! As far as a messy sewing space…I’ve seen worse. Ahem.

jennyklyon September 28, 2012 at 6:07 pm | | Reply

Naw, couldn’t be worse! Love the metallics.

7. stipplequilt
    stipplequilt September 30, 2012 at 12:36 pm | | Reply

Beautiful stitching and wonderful info on using metallic thread! What a difference using a long stitch makes! Of course my room will look like that to when I am deciding on a new project, fun, fun!

jennyklyon September 30, 2012 at 1:23 pm | | Reply

Thanks! It’s reassuring to know I’m not the only one that goes through that messy stage-DH does not care for it much either.

9. Kyle
    Kyle October 1, 2012 at 7:22 pm | | Reply

Awww, thank you for mentioning my blog as one of your favorites on the PR FB page this morning! Yay! That’s very sweet!

jennyklyon October 1, 2012 at 7:37 pm | | Reply

My pleasure-I love your blog!!