1. Roxane Lessa
    Roxane Lessa October 25, 2012 at 1:57 pm | | Reply

I think these are great for practicing whatever new stuff you want to learn.

jennyklyon October 25, 2012 at 8:07 pm | | Reply

Agreed! In a no-stress environment!

2. Roxane Lessa
    Roxane Lessa October 25, 2012 at 1:58 pm | | Reply

BTW, i shared your last post with my most recent students!

jennyklyon October 25, 2012 at 8:07 pm | | Reply

Thank you!

Laura Conowitch October 25, 2012 at 2:18 pm | | Reply

Thanks for sharing this one too! I knew I could use panels for quilting practice, but it never occurred to me to try other techniques with panels. Duh!

jennyklyon October 25, 2012 at 8:08 pm | | Reply

You’re welcome Laura! Try, try away on some PPP.

4. Marcia
    Marcia October 25, 2012 at 3:39 pm | | Reply

Another informative lesson from the master of free motion! Thank you, Jenny.

jennyklyon October 25, 2012 at 8:08 pm | | Reply

Thanks Marcia!

quirksltd October 25, 2012 at 7:03 pm | | Reply

Is there anything I can tell you that will make you want to try machine binding again? Maybe my way? http://quirksltd.wordpress.com/2010/03/01/machine-binding/ And I wouldn’t use this for a traditional competition quilt contest, but it sure works well for me for everything else I do! You have convinced me to get out whatever PPP’s I have and get them quilted up and gone!!!

jennyklyon October 25, 2012 at 8:13 pm | | Reply

Ok Kathy, that is a might good tutorial! I promise to try it again. Two things I didn’t do: the zig zag before binding which I see would be useful for any type of binding method, and stitching out the diagonal corners with the machine. Thank you for the tutorial!

6. Sherri Lynn Wood (@daintytime)
    Sherri Lynn Wood (@daintytime) October 25, 2012 at 7:42 pm | | Reply

I agree with the flatness of the bamboo batting – I usually have to double up to get the loft that I want – of course I’m hand quilting.

jennyklyon October 25, 2012 at 8:14 pm | | Reply

Ouch, hand quilting TWO layers of bamboo? I’m impressed-you must have fingers of steel! I’ll bet it looks great and hangs well though.

8. Franki Kohler
    Franki Kohler October 25, 2012 at 8:34 pm | | Reply

Hopefully we all learn something new with everything we do. Using a PPP is a perfect solution for the long list of ideas though! And thanks for the comparison. We’ve all learned something here. Would love to see the butterfly panel next week!