Sneak Peek-Lily Quilt

I’ve been working my larger Lily quilt-once I catch up, I’ll pass on what I’ve learned while making this quilt. I think my new tag line should be: “I make all the mistakes so you don’t have to”!

I’ll post more about Lily later -enjoy!

1. Roxane Lessa
    Roxane Lessa September 4, 2012 at 1:35 pm | | Reply

OMG your quilting is insanely beautiful! What machine do you use?

jennyklyon September 4, 2012 at 4:12 pm | | Reply

Thanks Roxane-I use a Bernina 185. I had lots o trouble trying to free motion with a 12 wt thread but I don’t think it was the machine!

quiltfever September 4, 2012 at 3:34 pm | | Reply

These peeks are all fabulous as usual and your little bug is so cute. Can’t wait to see where he (or she) fits in the overall picture. Lately,I feel I could adopt your new tag line too. It is so discouraging to have been a quilter for so long and still be able to make a monumental mess.

jennyklyon September 4, 2012 at 4:14 pm | | Reply

You are really stretching and doing some fabulous art quilts-pat yourself on the back! Besides, I have about 4 or 5 posts about what all I did wrong and you will be comforted-this doesn’t just roll outta me. Seriously, 99% of this is pure perseverence!

Laura Conowitch September 4, 2012 at 3:59 pm | | Reply

This looks fabulous! Love the little bug!

jennyklyon September 4, 2012 at 4:15 pm | | Reply

Thanks! There are lots of bugs on it-it’s based on my child’s eye view being crouched in the flower bed. There were lots of bugs!

5. Rebecca Grace
    Rebecca Grace September 4, 2012 at 4:38 pm | | Reply

I love the hidden critters you’ve quilted in. That’s a beautiful fill pattern, by the way. Would you consider it “beginner friendly?”

1. Rebecca Grace
      Rebecca Grace September 4, 2012 at 4:40 pm | | Reply

…the one on the last pic, I mean. I don’t know the name of it but it looks like diamonds inside of circles. Orange peel maybe?

jennyklyon September 4, 2012 at 7:59 pm | | Reply

Yes actually! I learned it from Diane Gaudynski in her book “Quilt Savy”. Write me if you don’t have it and I’ll try to diagram it. Honestly it is simple and forgiving. Ever heard of “Continuous Curve” quilting? It’s kinda like that-see this YouTube to get a feel for what I’m talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc7NZf9tUZY If you try it and it’s hard, write me, because if you know how to do it correctly, it’s easy. I frequently demo this in my beginner classes.

6. bbg
    bbg September 4, 2012 at 5:53 pm | | Reply

OMG, you are so talented! I love everything about your work, especially the little bug :)

jennyklyon September 4, 2012 at 7:59 pm | | Reply

Thank you-I like that happy little guy too!

8. Franki Kohler