Yes, I thought I was done with this table topper. It was all quilted and photographed, but….I just needed to swish it in water for about 5 minutes to make sure all the markings were gone. Here’s a refresher in how it looked before I washed it – note that crisp, white binding:
Ah, but all did not go well with when it hit water:
It immediately started to bleed. This is not the first time I’ve had a bleeding issue with dupioni, it’s the 4th time that I remember. Much of the dupioni sold here is made in China or India, neither of which are known for stable dyes. I really should have known better. I was going to post a photo of the dried topper, but the photos don’t show the bleed. Trust me, it’s there. I will ignore and put it out next year and pretend that the front is actually a pale pink. Sigh.
Even though it was a bit of a fail, it qualifies as a Finish, right?
Finish #2 – pee pee teepees:
Apparently this is a thing now, little teepees to cover baby’s pee pee when parents are changing his diaper. I made a few of just 2 layers of flannel, but then I thought that might not be absorbent enough so I did some with a terry interior. They were surprisingly a little fussy to make. It’s always a bit fussier when you’re working tiny. Plus the inner layer needed to be a bit smaller or it got very rumply when turned. And terry sheds all over the place. I think they turned out cute! If you saw them all together you would see what I refer to in class as ” a visible learning curve”.
Nonetheless, it qualifies as Finish #2.
This cute wall hanging got finished on Dec 27th, but hey, it’s done!
I got this 2 years back I think, from The Quilt Show Store. It was a laser cut, pre-fused kit. I failed to follow directions and got so excited that I fused the ornaments on before reading the directions.
I made it way harder than it needed to be. If I’d read the directions, I would have laid down the hanging strings for the ornaments before fusing the ornaments.
I ended up with tiny little itty bitty pieces of ribbon to make the hangers. It was a pain.
It also would have been nice to have quilted the whole background before fusing anything down. Again, made it way harder than it needed to be. But, it qualifies as Finish #3.
And, I’m calling this a Finish:
Okay, it’s a stretch to call this a Finish, but I’m going with it. I bought a second screen and a new sound bar. I selected and installed it all myself. If you are a techie you are NOT impressed, but I’m not, and I am quite proud of myself. I actually bought an additional screen for my online classes. I still have to figure that out in zoom. It wasn’t just plug and play either; I had to mess around with stuff to get it to work. A second screen does take a bit to get used to.
I had some bad news this week in that my video editor has moved on, and all of a sudden I need to learn to edit video. Ugh. I had no desire to do that but I have 16 short videos that need to be edited before Craft Napa next week. I am learning Shotcut and Canva both! I am gaining more neuron connections than losing them this week for sure. Wish me luck, this is not my forte.
I’ll be linking up with: