I have had a busy few weeks with both my boys here, teaching and lots of guild work. But I was able to finish this Burda jumper which actually fits! It’s Burda #8072 and it’s a pretty easy pattern to sew up. Most remarkably, this jumper needed very little alteration. In fact the only alteration I needed to do was move the shoulders forward, something I know I need to do on every pattern.
A side note here-the link for the Burda pattern is to SewingPatternReview.com. I subscribe to it (free) and think it’s a must for garment sewers. It’s a vibrant site with lots of information, they carry virtually any pattern you might want and they have user reviews of almost all patterns. I always check there before I try a new pattern
I was pretty pleased with the result and I think I’ll have to make this up again. I did make a muslin up before this, but I considered this to be my real muslin as I didn’t know how it would look on me. I think I will be making this up again in some other fabric from my stash, preferably something more vibrant.
I’ve also been busy in my kitchen, making up some staples I had run out of. I am wheat intolerant (not celiac) and I make my own tortillas and English muffins out of spelt flour. I also took 6 lbs of beef and dried it into jerky. I’m worn out from 6 hrs in the kitchen!
One of the reasons I have not been as “productive” lately is that I’ve been able to see both my sons and one girlfriend over the last few weeks. Son#1 is moving to Maine to attend U of Southern Maine to work towards a Masters in Nursing. Son#2 will be graduating from U Ca-Santa Barbara in June. So it’s been wonderful to spend time with my boys before they fly off; happy/sad/busy time for me.